Table of Contents
|License:||Free (for iMac, Mac, and Macbook)|
|Your rating:||5.0 star rating|
About macOS Catalina
macOS Catalina is an operating system for iMac, Mac Pro, and Macbook laptops. Siri voice assistant, Apple Music, Apple TV, Podcasts, and Latitude apps, improved interaction with other devices – iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch.
What’s new in macOS Catalina
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Update, macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Update (11/5/2020)
- Target Products: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
- Impact. Processing a maliciously crafted font could lead to arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of the practical exploitation of this vulnerability by attackers.
- Description. The issue of data corruption in memory was addressed through improved input validation.
- CVE-2020-27930: Google’s Project Zero division
- Target Products: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
- Impact. A malicious application can execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges. Apple is aware of the practical exploitation of this vulnerability by attackers.
- Description. The problem of type mixing has been addressed through improved state management.
- CVE-2020-27932: Google Project Zero Division
- Target Products: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
- Impact. A malicious program can expose data from kernel memory. Apple is aware of the practical exploitation of this vulnerability by attackers.
- Description. Fixed an issue with memory initialization.
- CVE-2020-27950: Google’s Project Zero Division
What’s New in Version 10.15.7 Final (24.09.2020)
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 for Mac contains important security updates and bug fixes.
- Fixed an issue where macOS didn’t automatically connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent files from syncing to iCloud Drive.
- Addresses a graphics issue that may occur on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) computers with Radeon Pro 5700 XT GPUs.
What’s New in Version 10.15 (Catalina) (07.10.2019)
Apple introduces macOS Catalina. Lots of new features and apps, as well as Sidecar, which lets you use your iPad display to expand your Mac’s workspace.
- macOS Catalina: Security and Privacy Improvements
Free upgrade to macOS Catalina
Easy transition from macOS Mojave
To install the macOS Catalina update, go to Software Update in System Preferences. Click Update Now and follow the on-screen instructions.
Migrating from an earlier version of macOS
If your Mac is running High Sierra (10.13), Sierra (10.12), or El Capitan (10.11), you can download the macOS Catalina update from the App Store. If you have Lion (10.7) or Mountain Lion (10.8) installed, you’ll need to upgrade to El Capitan (10.11) first.
macOS Catalina System Requirements
- OS X 10.9 or later
- 4 GB memory
- 12.5 GB of available disk space (OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 or later)
- Some features require an Apple ID; conditions are required.
- Some features require a compatible ISP; fees may apply.
Mac Hardware Requirements
To get information about your Mac model, click the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of the screen and choose About This Mac. Mac models compatible with macOS Catalina:
- MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
- Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013 models or newer)
With macOS Catalina, you’ll love your Mac even more. Three brand new apps: Apple Music, Apple TV, and Podcasts. A new Locator app to help you find your lost Mac. Your favorite iPad apps are now on your Mac. Possibility to use the iPad as a second display. Whatever you do, the Mac will exceed all your expectations.
Key features of macOS Catalina
New possibilities in the world of music
Songs you bought from iTunes are now collected in the Music app. Your library contains music that you bought from the iTunes Store or saved from Apple Music. It’s all organized by artists, albums, and songs.
Your personal cinema
Watch movies and TV shows, and subscribe to your favorite channels, all in the Apple TV app. The “Watch” screen shows an offer tailored specifically for you. The Library list shows all the TV shows you’ve purchased from iTunes.
Find, listen, subscribe
All of your podcasts are now in the Podcasts app. The Listen window displays podcasts that you like and those that might interest you.
Don’t lose what matters most
The new Latitude app helps you meet up with friends and find lost devices, including your Mac— even if it’s disconnected from the Internet and asleep. To turn on Latitude, open System Preferences and click Apple ID, then click iCloud.
The Locator app shows the location of your devices on a map.
Don’t lose your favorites
Be sure that your children reached school, clubs or other places on time. Tap a person’s name to see where they are or get notified when they arrive at or leave a place.
The locator shows a person on the map when you click their name.
Turn your iPad into a second display
Expand your workspace by two screens and do more things at once. To get started, click in the menu bar on your Mac, then choose your iPad.
In a combined workspace, you can even drag and drop windows between your Mac and iPad screens.
Ready to play?
Apple Arcade offers more than 100 exciting new games without ads. Play without internet access, switch between devices and even connect popular controllers to your Mac. To try Apple Arcade for free, open the Mac App Store and click Arcade.
Sign in with Apple
Fast, easy and safe
You can sign in to websites and apps with your Apple ID without having to create new accounts and passwords. Just tap “Sign in with Apple” on any website or app.
How we protect your data
When you choose to sign in with Apple, sites and apps can only ask for your name and email address. You can even create a unique email address from which emails will be forwarded to your real address.
To avoid revealing your email address, select Hide my email when signing in with your Apple ID.
Keep track of your time
You can monitor how you spend time on your devices. View detailed reports on how you use apps and set limits for your children. To get started, open System Preferences and tap Screen Time.
Select “Application Usage” from the sidebar and you’ll see how much time you’ve spent in different apps on your Mac. You can view statistics for individual applications or groups of applications – for example, office applications.
Even more features
Voice Control lets you control your Mac with voice commands. You have access to a full set of commands for opening applications and navigating. For example, say “Show numbers,” and labels with numbers appear next to the objects that you can click.
Your best shots come first
In the new smart browsing mode, your collection comes to life. Live Photos and videos play themselves as you scroll, and large thumbnails highlight the best snippets of your shots.
Click Days, Months, or Years to easily view your photos by date taken. Or click “All Photos” to view the entire collection.
Even easier to find and share
In the new gallery mode, it’s even easier for you to find the note you want: just click . You can now share an entire folder of notes: click, then select Add Users.
Easily organize things
In the updated Reminders app, you can easily add a date, time, place, check box, or file to a new reminder. You can easily find the reminders you want in one of four Smart Lists: for example, click Today to view the reminders assigned for today.
Smart Lists appear in the upper-left corner of the Reminders window.
What’s new on the start page
Safari’s built-in features help you browse sites conveniently and securely. And now your favorite sites are available to you even faster. The new Start page shows Siri Suggestions, including your bookmarks, Reading List, iCloud tabs, and even the links you’ve been sent in Messages. Just open a new tab to get started.
Download macOS Catalina Files
You can download the macOS Catalina installer from the Mac App Store, but you need to know where to find the magic link. Or you can download it from our website archive:
In a recent article, we had two different methods to download macOS Catalina. I hope you were successful in your download? Why did it end up being necessary for you to download the operating system? We’d love to hear from you in the comment section!