Table of Contents
|License:||Free (for Mac, MacBook, and iMac)|
|Version:||12.1 Final / 12.2 Beta 2|
|Architecture:||x86-64 (64-bit) / ARM64|
|Your rating:||5.0 star rating|
|Size:||depends on the device|
About macOS Monterey
macOS Monterey – an update to the macOS Big Sur operating system, including new FaceTime communication features, message, and recommendation improvements, focusing, and other improvements
What’s new in macOS Monterey
What’s New in macOS 12.2 Beta (12/16/2021):
What’s New in macOS 12.1 (12/13/2021):
- Microsoft: Powerdir vulnerability in macOS could provide access to user data
- Changelog (English, official site)
What’s New in macOS Monterey
- macOS 12 Monterey: Release October 25. New features and useful information
- New privacy features in macOS 12 Monterey
- Safari Technology Preview – new features of the browser Safari 15 for macOS Monterey
- List of new features (English, official site)
macOS Monterey System Requirements
To upgrade to the macOS Monterey operating system, you must enroll in The Apple Beta Program. After that, your Mac will have access to the latest public beta versions of macOS in the Mac App Store.
- iMac (Late 2015 and newer)
- iMac Pro (2017 and newer)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013 and newer)
- Mac mini (Late 2014 and newer)
- MacBook (Early 2016 and newer)
- MacBook Air (early 2015 and newer)
- MacBook Pro (Early 2015 and newer)
Note. The beta version of macOS Monterey for developers is already available to members of the Apple Developer Program on the developer.apple.com website. The public beta will soon be available to Mac users on the beta.apple.com website. The release of macOS Monterey will be available this fall as a free software update.
More About macOS Monterey
macOS Monterey is a new version of Apple’s operating system for Mac, iMac, and MacBook computers and laptops. The macOS Monterey system, which was announced in 2021, received improvements for collaborative communication, a focus function, messages, and Safari improvements, as well as other improvements to the system and applications.
The FaceTime app includes new features and improvements for connecting with colleagues and friends. The new SharePlay feature allows you to show your screen directly in FaceTime, which allows you to view movies and photos together regardless of the distance from each other, listen to music and chat together, and show your screen during conversations.
Also, FaceTime has received other improvements. The spatial sound mode allows you to hear voices from the direction in which the interlocutor is on the screen. In grid view, people appear on tiles of the same size. You can also send a link to connect to a FaceTime conversation to Windows and Android users.
The Focus feature allows you to focus only on certain events and display your status in the Messages app. When you enable a certain status, you will receive only those notifications that you need, for example, for work or leisure. Focus status syncs across all your devices.
The Safari Internet browser has received a new design of the tab bar, which takes up less space on the page and repeats the color of the open site. Also, you can group open tabs and rename groups.
If you have a Mac and an iPad, you can use a keyboard, mouse, or trackpad on multiple devices at the same time. Place the devices next to each other and you can move the cursor between them and use the keyboard with the two devices.
Of the other improvements, macOS Monterey includes quick notes, new AirPlay features, interaction with text in photos, combining several actions into a Shortcut, indicating access to your microphone, and many other improvements and improvements. In the Photos, Safari, Apple News, Apple Podcasts, and Apple TV applications, there is a section “Available to you”, which allows you to track recommendations and answer them directly from the application.
Major improvements in macOS Monterey
- Screen sharing
- Web links to FaceTime conversations
- Options for focusing on notifications
- A new kind of notification
- Microphone access indicator
- Move the cursor between devices
- Quick Note Notes
- Recommendations section in the annexes
- Organize notes by tags
- Shortcuts to perform multiple actions
- Live text in photos
- Interactive Globe in Maps
- Tab bar improvements in Safari
- Tab groups in Safari
- Account recovery contacts
- iCloud Private Host protects your Safari browsing activity by fully masking your IP address and encrypting your network traffic.
- New Privacy Features
Download macOS Monterey Files
You can download the macOS Monterey installer from the Mac App Store, but you need to know where to find the magic link. Or you can download it from our website archive:
In a recent article, we had two different methods to download macOS Monterey. I hope you were successful in your download? Why did it end up being necessary for you to download the operating system? We’d love to hear from you in the comment section!