Table of Contents
Google Drive is insanely popular, but it can still experience problems. When you try downloading a file or exceed the download quota for that file, Google Drive will pop up and say that “you can’t view or download this file at this time.”
Google Drive’s free plan is limiting, as it restricts you from downloading new files after 24 downloads. Thankfully, there is a way around this: you can continue to upload files by moving the downloaded folder into the ‘Onedrive’ folder on your computer.
This article explains how to bypass the Google Drive download limit in case you get “Google Drive quota exceeded” or “sorry you can’t view or download this file at this time. Follow the step-by-step guide to bypass the download limit” errors.
How to Bypass Google Drive Download Limit
- Open the file you want to download on your computer.
- Sign in to your Google Drive account if prompted to do so.
- Replace the “uc?id=” with “file/d/” in the file URL and press Enter.
- Click the 3 dots on the top right and click Add Star.
- Open Google Drive and then click Create a folder. Add a name for the folder.
- In the left panel, click the starred item. Right-click on the file and choose ‘Add Shortcut to Drive.’ from the context menu.
- Select the folder you created in step 4. Click Add Shortcut.
- Click My Drive in the left panel. Click right click on the folder and then click download.
- You will now see that the file has begun to zip and downloading has started.
It’s tough to figure out how to get around Google Drive’s download limit, so I’ve included a video in this guide. You can watch the video and follow the steps to bypass the limit when sharing files in Google Drive.
We created a copy of the file you were trying to download inside your account so that the file quota wouldn’t exceed. You can go ahead and download it from Google Drive.
Here is another similar guide for Mega.NZ files- How To Bypass Mega Download Limits (2021 Method)
Conclusion: Bypass Google Drive Download Limit
Here’s a quick instructional guide that should have Bypassed Google Drive Download Limit. Let us know in the comments section below if it was helpful to you or if you plan on sharing it.