Table of Contents
YouTube is full of exciting content: video clips, trailers, documentaries, movie scenes, YouTubers videos… If you have ever wondered how to download these videos to your Mac, we will teach you three simple methods today.
YouTube is a great place. You can find virtually everything on this video platform: from any scene from your favorite movie to compilations of funny falls captured in home videos.
However, one of the significant drawbacks of this Google service is that it requires that we are always connected to the Internet to access its content. A solution to this problem is to download videos from YouTube.
In this article, we review three methods to have your favorite YouTube videos on your Mac or MacBook. One of them will allow you to download only the video’s audio, an excellent way to enjoy all your favorite music offline.
Method 1. Download a YouTube video with iTubeDownloader
The first option is to use a program like iTubeDownloader. You’ll need to install it first on your Mac or MacBook for free and use it during the trial period if you don’t want to pay for an unlimited account.
1. Head to the official iTubeDownloader page and hit the ‘Download Latest Version for MAC‘ button to start downloading the program.
2. Now, go to the ‘Downloads‘ folder of your Mac, locate the file .dmg called ‘iTubeDownloader,’ and double-click on it.
3. When the installer opens, drag the program icon to the icon in the ‘Applications‘ folder. This will open that folder and start installing the downloader automatically.
4. In the ‘Applications‘ folder, click on the icon corresponding to iTubeDownloader to open the program. You must hit ‘Open‘ when you see a message warning you that it is an app downloaded from the Internet.
5. When you open the program for the first time, you will be asked if you want to start the trial period or if you prefer to pay for the license. In our case, we give ‘Start Trial‘ to continue enjoying it for free.
6. After hitting the ‘Start using iTubeDownloader’ button, you can start using it. It has the same interface as YouTube, so use the search bar to locate the video you want to download.
7. Once you have located the video, click on the ‘Download‘ button that you will see on the left side of the URL. A floating window will appear where you can choose the folder where you want it to be saved and the file’s name. Finally, hit ‘Download.’
8. Finally, you can go to the folder where the video should be saved.
Method 2. Download a YouTube video with an online downloader
The second way to download a YouTube video to your Mac does not require you to pre-install any programs on your computer. You can use any video downloader that you will easily find on Google.
1. The first thing to do is locate that video you want to save on your Mac or MacBook.
2. Now, copy the URL of the video. You will need it in any online downloader you use. You can right-click on the address and select ‘Copy‘ or use the shortcut ‘Command’ + ‘C.‘
3. Then, you can go to the page of the downloader you have chosen -in our case, Online Video Converter-, and paste the URL. Again, you can right-click and select ‘Paste‘ or use the shortcut ‘Command‘ + ‘V.’
4. Now, you can hit ‘Start‘ to start the conversion. When the download is ready, you will be redirected to a new page where you can easily download the video by clicking on the ‘Download’ button.
5. Finally, you will be able to locate the downloaded video in your ‘Downloads’ folder.
Method 3. Download Music from YouTube with an Online Converter
The last trick that we will teach you in this article will allow you to download only the audio of a YouTube video using an online converter. Thus, you can have all the songs you want on your computer and listen to them without having an Internet connection.
1. First, you need to choose the video whose audio you want to download and copy its URL. Then, you can go to the converter page-for example, Online Video Converter– and paste it into the corresponding bar.
2. You’ll need to make sure the video will be converted to audio. You can choose between several formats. In this case, we opted for the classic .mp3.
3. You need to give the ‘Start‘ button to start the conversion. This will only last a few seconds. You can download the audio on the next page when you give it to ‘Download‘.
4. Finally, head to the ‘Downloads’ folder on your Mac and check that the file has been downloaded successfully.