Table of Contents
This article will show you how to install macOS Monterey in Windows Virtual Machine. The latest macOS release, Monterey has been announced by Apple and it is the most advanced release ever.
Installing macOS Monterey or alternative versions on Windows can be very complicated and hard without VMware Workstation Player, especially a macOS VMware Unlocker Patch Tool. That’s why we’ve supplied VMware Workstation Player first, which is a pretty useful virtual machine program. There are two types of VMware workstations. The first one is the VMware Workstation Pro, and the next one is the VMware Workstation Player. We are going to explain more and also make you more aware.
Install macOS Monterey On Vmware On Windows: Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Download required files to Install macOS Monterey On Vmware On Windows.
1. You can download the software from their official website and install it. VMWare workstation is a paid tool and you can use it for a free trial for 30 days. With the help of VMWare, we will install macOS Monterey On Vmware On Windows.
2. Download Macos Unlocker.
Once you have downloaded the macOS Unlocker. Now browse to the VMware Unlocker documents and click on win-install, and select Run As Administrator.
This can run the command prompt and will automatically close.
Great! The VMware has been patched, and it is now ready to do the job.
You can use this video for reference.
3. Download macOS Monterey ISO File.
Step 2: Setting up a Virtual Machine to install macOS Monterey On Vmware On Windows
1. Open VMware and click Create a New Virtual Machine.
2. Select Typical (recommended).
3. Select I will install the operating system later.
4. Select Apple mac OS Monterey as the guest operating system.
5. Select a Name and Location (path) for your Virtual Machine.
6. Specify the maximum disk size as 200 GB and select Store virtual disk as a single file.
7. Click Customize Hardware.
8. Set the following Configurations:
- Memory: 4GB
- Processors: 2
- New CD/DVD (Sata): Auto Detect
- Network Adaptor: NAT
Now, click on Browse and attach your macOS Monterey ISO file here. (You have downloaded this file in step#1). And click Close.
9. Finally, select Finish.
10. Now, Edit the VMX file. So, locate the VM file that you created in point 5. Enable the file extension name from the view menu. Right-click on the VMX file and open with the Notepad.
11. Scroll down to the end of the text file and add the following:
smc.version = 0
Step 3: Install macOS Monterey On Vmware On Windows
The last step is to Install macOS Monterey On Vmware On Windows. Simply power on the machine and continue with the setup.
1. Click Disk Utility. Click Continue.
2. Select the Virtual Disk, VMware Virtual System, and click on the Erase.
3. Now, Quit the disk utility and follow the simple steps to Install macOS Monterey On Vmware On Windows.
4. Select Install macOS Monterey and click Continue.
5. You can simply continue with the macOS Monterey installation on VMWare on Windows. The steps are easy. If you are stuck anywhere, please comment below, and we will fix it for you.
Conclusion: How To Install macOS Monterey On Vmware On Windows
This tutorial was a guide on how to install macOS Monterey on VMware for Windows. If you face any issues, please feel free to comment below.
If you are stuck with VMWare, you can use this guide to install macOS Monterey On Virtualbox On Windows.